Good morning! I hope that you and your family are doing well right now. The Board has been busy moving everything over to virtual programming. On Thursday night, we held an open discussion for members only called, Cultivating our Coaching Business During Uncertainty. During the discussion, three main themes seemed to evolve:
- Helping our clients in these times of high anxiety and in an unclear present and uncertain future.
- Maintaining our coaching presence and calm, when our own environments are sometimes very different, and also trying to balance all of our responsibilities to clients, family, friends and employees-employers.
- Understanding when we follow our usual procedures (topics, contracts, costs) and when do we deviate?
As a community, individuals shared trends that they were noticing in their industry along with ideas for client attraction. From this discussion, it was clear that coaches are wanting to connect more and continue the dialog about business during these uncertain time. After the meeting, the Board met and discussed how we can facilitate this going forward. We have decided to offer a few more of these open sessions over the next couple of weeks. Please stay tuned for the dates/times of these meetings.
In the meantime, please visit www.coachfederation.org/wecare for more information from ICF global. As a reminder, Jean-Francois Cousin will be presenting from ICF Global about their new game changing initiative and how it will benefit us all. Please join us online Monday night March 23, 2020.
Unfortunately, Jean-Francois Cousin will not be able to join us in person but, instead will be doing a virtual event so you can join us from the comfort of your own home from 7 - 8:30 pm! We would love to see him in person but we understand travel constraints with the coronavirus being a worldwide concern. Don't forget to register!! It will still be amazing and contain all of the incredible information! Watch the website for more information!
- Which kind of leadership organizations need, to thrive in a VUCA world
- How the world’s most successful companies in the Silicon Valley enhance interpersonal trust within small teams and larger groups, value and leverage diversity, to foster inclusive ways of being and an inclusive workplace
- Traits of a collaborative leader
- Traits of an agile leader
- Latest most-successful leadership practices, and provides recent research from ICF, Accenture, PWC and HCI about what makes workplaces successful
- Impact of Coaching cultures
- How we need to be, as leaders, and practical steps we can take, to support the growth of inclusion, trust, agility and collaboration and the emergence of collective intelligence in our own organizations
- Latest update on ICF transformation and opportunities for volunteer leaders and members
Jean-François Cousin became a global executive coach in 2006, in the wake of a management career around the world with a Fortune-500 company. By June ’18, he had clocked 10,000 coaching-hours, served over 800 executives and dozens of executive teams, travelling to 35 countries / 5 continents to work with them.
Jean-Francois serves as a Director on the Global Board of the International Coaching Federation and was elected its Chair for 2019.
He authored the book Game Changers at the Circus—How Leaders Can Unleash Greatness in Their Organizations, coauthored several other books and regularly writes columns for the media.
For more information visit www.greatness.coach
Time: 7 pm - 8:30 pm
Where: Virtual Meeting (live via Zoom)
Core Competency #2
Embodies a Coaching Mindset
Supporting clients through coronavirus-related stress
By Shiri Ben-Arzi, PCC
*This is may be a paid advertisement or affiliate and may not directly reflect the views of ICF Chicago.
ICF Chicago needs great leaders like you! Truth be told, we don't want to take up too much of your time, but we need your insight, experience and willingness to help broaden our coaching reach into both Chicagoland and the world. (The connections are network are worth their weight in gold, too) If this sounds like you and if you are willing to join a great team, then please fill out this form and we will be in touch with you shortly.